Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Thousand Reasons: Canto XII


{86} Thank God for tea. Green, black, herbal. For its warmth and subtlety. For the spirit of drinking it, sinking into a sofa and feeling it ooze out to my furthest extremities. Homey. Warm. Content.

{87} Thank You, Elyon, for Your graciousness in wrestling. Thank You for letting me thrash, saying what I mean. Thank You for never holding it against me. Thank You for being a God that is undefeatablethat will never short-change me by letting me settle on anything less than what is right. And thank You, so much, for bringing those fights to an end, no matter how long it takes. I am not entirely there, You know. But today I felt, for the first time, that we might be coming to a close, entering a final, much gentler round.

{88} Praise to the God who understands us enough to provide examples. Not to give us a book that is moral lessons, but one that gives us glimpses of what it is: being imperfect humans trying to serve a perfect God. And Thank You, for the perfect examplethe Christ we never have to question.

{89} For the endlessness of creativity: how there is always something else to imagine. I am occasionally daunted, by the number of written and painted art already in this world. But then I am comforted, relieved in that the ideas do not stophow there is always more to come.

{90} Thank You for baking: a place where I can do all I can and then sit back, watching the result grow into what I have made it, for better or worse.

{91} For conclusions: when things come to an end that is as satisfying as it is sad. Because the story was that good, and we do not want it to end. But the ending was good too, so we cannot help being happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment